Must be exempt from federal taxation under 501(c)3 or 509(a)1 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. A copy of the IRS Exemption Letter must be provided and dated no more than 10 years previous to the date of the application.
The Organization’s focus must comply with the Foundation’s Mission Statement: “for religious, charitable, scientific, testing for public safety, literary or educational purposes, to promote the welfare of mankind and to the acquisition, production, preservation, collection, promotion, appreciation and exhibition of fine arts.”
The grant purpose must be for the benefit of the Central Florida area.
Items To Include
- Cover letter stating purpose and requested amount of grant.
- Description of proposed project or program.
- Copy of IRS Exemption Determination Letter.
- Most recent financial statements.
- List of Board of Directors and affiliations.
- Program or project budget and descriptions of expenditures.
- Any additional information that will explain or support the proposal.
Grants proposals for consideration must be received by the Foundation by 5:00 p.m. on March 15th for presentation at the Annual Meetings usually held in early May; or by September 15th for presentation at the Special Meeting of Trustees usually held in early November.
Currently Awarded Grants
- United Arts of Central Florida – $100,000, Annual Programming Grant
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts – $50,000, Applause Program
- Orlando Ballet – $50,000, Orchestra for Ballet Performance
- Orlando Opera – $40,000, Performance Support
- Orlando Philharmonic – $40,000, Support for Free Public Concerts for Winter Park
- Rollins College – $750,000, Freshwater Curricular and Research Program
- University of Central Florida – $500,000, College of Nursing, Capital Campaign
- A Gift for Teaching – $40,000, School Art Programs
- Orlando Science Center – $50,000, Exhibit Support
- Winter Park Historical Association – $30,000, Exhibit Funding
- Boys and Girls Club – $25,000, Program Support
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida – $15,000, Services Support
- Foundation for Foster Children – $30,000, Service Support
- Gardens at DePugh Nursing Center – $40,000, Facility Improvements
- Grace Medical Home – $35,000, Services Support
- Heart of Florida United Way – $100,000, Services Support
- Salvation Army – $30,000, Services Support
- Second Harvest Food Bank – $30,000, Services Support
- Welbourne Avenue Nursery – $30,000, Services Support
- Winter Park Day Nursery – $35,000, Scholarship and Services Support